DJOKOVIC-NADAL. Everything remains to be done in this duel at the top. After losing the first set, the Serb picked up one set everywhere (2/6 6/4). Follow the clash of the quarter-finals live.
Djokovic Nadal score
23:40 – Djokovic can blame himself
At 15-15, Novak Djokovic led the exchange perfectly before missing a rather simple smash to achieve.
23:37 – Djokovic remains in contact
Novak Djokovic shifts up a gear and re-engages the “attack” mode. The Serbian won his service on an unforced error in return from Rafael Nadal and recovered to 2/1. Service to follow for Spanish.
23:33 – Nadal confirms and leads 2/0
Same scenario as the first two sets. After breaking from the start, Rafael Nadal won his face-off.
23:29 – White break for “Rafa”
After going to the locker room at the end of the second set, Rafael Nadal returned with other intentions. The Spaniard has just taken Novak Djokovic’s face-off from the start after an unforced error from the Serb. 1/0 for the 5th in the world.
23:25 – An incredible first point
What a point to start the third inning. Rafael Nadal won the point with a spike from the baseline after running Novak Djokovic from left to right.
23:23 – Djokovic equalizes
6/4 for Novak Djokovic in the second set. Led 3/0, the Serb chained four games before breaking Rafael Nadal again during the Spaniard’s last serve.
23:20 – New opportunity for Djokovic
New backhand fault by Rafael Nadal which gives Novak Djokovic a second opportunity to return to a set everywhere.
23:17 – It’s dismissed by Nadal
Long fault by Novak Djokovic who misses the opportunity to return to a round everywhere.
23:17 – Set point for Djokovic
While he seemed overwhelmed in the exchange, Novak Djokovic got a set point after a backhand foul from Rafael Nadal.
23:12 – The trend has reversed
At the start of the match until 3/0 in the second set in favor of Rafael Nadal, the Spaniard controlled the exchanges thanks to his aggressiveness and his power. Since Novak Djokovic came back to score, the 5th in the world has had more difficulty playing long and his ball has less impact. It is surely due to the temperature which has cooled and the humidity which makes the clay heavier. 5/4 for the world No. 1.
23:09 – Solid Nadal
This game was fundamental for Rafael Nadal. The Spaniard won his face-off thanks to a superb serve and recovers at 4/4.
23:06 – What a point!
40-30 after a superb exchange won by Rafael Nadal concluded on a smash after a sublime drop shot.
23:04 – Djokovic starts to take over
15-30 on Rafael Nadal’s serve for Novak Djokovic, much stronger since the second half of the second set.
23:00 – Djokovic in the lead
Novak Djokovic is definitely back. For the first time in the match, the Serb leads in the score. 4/3 for the world No. 1.
22:56 – Double fault at the wrong time
Double fault by Novak Djokovic at 40-40. The Serb gives Rafael Nadal the opportunity to come back in front.
22:51 – Djokovic is back
Led 6/2 3/0, Novak Djokovic has just resumed his second break behind. The Serb recovers to 3/3 with the service to follow. If the world No. 1 seems to be doing better, the Spaniard is making more mistakes.
22:49 – The game lasts
The sixth game of the second set started almost 18 minutes ago. New equality between Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic.
22:46 – Third break point for Djokovic
On a backhand foul by Rafael Nadal, Novak Djokovic has the opportunity to pick up at 3/3.
22:43 – First double fault for “Rafa”
On a new advantage in his favor, Rafael Nadal committed his first double fault of the match.
22:40 – The statistic that hurts
Since the start of the match, Novak Djokovic has not won any of the fourteen points he disputed at 40-40 against Rafael Nadal.
22:37 – Nadal returns to height
Rafael Nadal has just saved two break points, the second of which was an ace. Tie between the Spaniard and Novak Djokovic.
22:35 – Two 3/3 balls for “Djoko”
Counter-foot of Novak Djokovic who is pounding the backhand of Rafael Nadal. 15-40 on the Spaniard’s serve.
22:33 – The match goes up a notch again
Novak Djokovic is back. The Serb has just chained two superb points before Rafael Nadal answered him with a long line backhand.
22:30 – Djokovic is better
For the first time in the match, Novak Djokovic won two consecutive games and returned to 3/2 with a late break in favor of Rafael Nadal.
22:27 – Djokovic catches a break
Bad play by Rafael Nadal who commits four unforced errors and “offers” Novak Djokovic the opportunity to get up in the set and why not in the match. 3/1 for Nadal.
How to watch Djokovic – Nadal on Prime Video?
Holder of the TV rights for the night sessions of Roland-Garros, the Prime Video platform broadcasts this Tuesday evening the clash of these quarter-finals of the French Open between Novak Djokovic and Rafael Nadal. Exceptionally, the meeting will be broadcast unencrypted and in full on the platform.
What is the history of confrontations between Novak Djokovic and Rafael Nadal?
Tonight is the 59th confrontation between Novak Djokovic and Rafael Nadal where for the moment, the Serb leads 30 to 28. On clay, the two players have faced each other 27 times and Nadal leads 19 to 8. A Roland Garros, the gap is even greater since the Spaniard leads 7-2 before this 10th confrontation. Djokovic has an advantage, however. If he stumbled on Nadal for a long time in Paris (the Mallorcan won the first 6 confrontations at Roland-Garros), “Nole” won their last duel, last year in the semi-finals with the score of 3/6, 6/3, 7/6(4), 6/2 in 4h11 before winning the final against Stefanos Tsitsipas. Here is the history at Roland-Garros:
- 2006: (1/4 final): Nadal beats Djokovic 6/4, 6/4, ab. in 1h54.
- 2007: (1/2 final): Nadal beats Djokovic 7/5, 6/4, 6/2 in 2h28.
- 2008: (1/2 final): Nadal beats Djokovic 6/4, 6/2, 7/6 (3) in 2h49.
- 2012: (final): Nadal beats Djokovic 6/4, 6/3, 2/6, 7/5 in 3h49.
- 2013: (1/2 final): Nadal b. Djokovic 6/4, 3/6, 6/1, 6/7(3), 9/7 in 4:37.
- 2014 (final): Nadal b. Djokovic 3/6, 7/5, 6/2, 6/4 in 3h31.
- 2015: (1/4 final): Djokovic beats Nadal 7/5, 6/3, 6/1 in 2h26.
- 2020: (final): Nadal beats Djokovic 6/0, 6/2, 7/5 in 2h41.
- 2021: (semi-final): Djokovic beats Nadal 3/6, 6/3, 7/6(4), 6/2 in 4h11
Here is the history of confrontations on ocher outside the French Open:
- 2021: Rafael Nadal beats Novak Djokovic 7/5 1/6 6/3 in Rome (Italy)
- 2019: Rafael Nadal beats Novak Djokovic 6/0 4/6 6/1 in Rome (Italy)
- 2018: Rafael Nadal beats Novak Djokovic 7/6(4) 6/3 in Rome (Italy)
- 2017: Rafael Nadal beats Novak Djokovic 6/2 6/4 in Madrid (Spain)
- 2016: Novak Djokovic beats Rafael Nadal 7/5 7/6(4) in Rome (Italy)
- 2015: Novak Djokovic beats Rafael Nadal 6/3 6/3 in Monte-Carlo (Monaco)
- 2014: Novak Djokovic beats Rafael Nadal 4/6 6/3 6/3 in Rome (Italy)
- 2013: Novak Djokovic beats Rafael Nadal 6/2 7/6(1) in Monte-Carlo (Monaco)
- 2012: Rafael Nadal beats Novak Djokovic 7/5 6/3 in Rome (Italy)
- 2012: Rafael Nadal beats Novak Djokovic 6/3 6/1 in Monte-Carlo (Monaco)
- 2011: Novak Djokovic beats Rafael Nadal 6/4 6/4 in Rome (Italy)
- 2011: Novak Djokovic beats Rafael Nadal 7/5 6/4 in Madrid (Spain)
- 2009: Rafael Nadal beats Novak Djokovic 3/6 7/6(5) 7/6(9) in Madrid (Spain)
- 2009: Rafael Nadal beats Novak Djokovic 7/6(2) 6/2 in Rome (Italy)
- 2009: Rafael Nadal beats Novak Djokovic 6/3 2/6 6/1 in Monte-Carlo (Monaco)
- 2009: Rafael Nadal beats Novak Djokovic 6/4 6/4 6/1 in the Davis Cup
- 2008: Rafael Nadal beats Novak Djokovic 7/5 2/6 6/2 in Hamburg (Germany)
- 2007: Rafael Nadal beats Novak Djokovic 6/2 6/3 in Rome (Italy)
#DIRECT #Djokovic #Nadal #Serb #returns #follow #shock #live