Shock! A 50-year-old British man took too much vitamin D, which led to a long stay in hospital. ScienceAlert reports that her vitamin D levels are seven times higher than average.
Vitamin D is found in many foods such as fish, mushrooms, avocados, etc. Our body produces it when our skin is interacting with the sun’s rays. Moreover, despite positive effects for our body, it is recommended to consume in moderationat the risk of ending up like this British fifties with the presence of vitamins D 400 times the recommended daily dose. The latter consulted his doctor for “recurrent vomiting, nausea, leg cramps, tinnitus, abdominal pain, dry mouth, increased feeling of thirst, and diarrheaHer symptoms had lasted for three months. which made him lose 13 kilos. the doctor immediately requested hospitalization.
His blood tests revealed that this man had higher magnesium and calcium levels than the average, i.e. 7 times higher than normal. Because of “high concentrations of minerals and vitamins he was taking“, his kidneys no longer functioned normally. As an explanation, the Briton told his doctor that he was seeking additional treatment due to several health problems.
Doctors issue warning about vitamin D overdose
The case of this man is not unfortunately not isolated, although it made headlines in the British press. While scientific researchers have focused on the protective effect of the vitamin against the virus of Covid-19them doctorsfor their part, suppressed an increase in cases of vitamin D poisoningcalled hypervitaminosis D.”Globally, we observe an increasing tendency for hypervitaminosis D, a clinical condition characterized by elevated levels of vitamin D3. Given the slow renewal during which develops vitamin D toxicitysymptoms may last several weeks“reported the scientific journal BMJ Journalspublished on July 6th.
Our body produces it when our skin interacts with the sun’s rays.
Moreover, despite the positive effects for our body, it is advisable to consume it in moderation, at the risk of ending up like this fifty-year-old British with a presence of vitamins D at 400 times the recommended daily dose.
The latter consulted his doctor for “recurrent vomiting, nausea, leg cramps, tinnitus, abdominal pain, dry mouth, increased feeling of thirst, and diarrhea”.
His symptoms had lasted for 3 months which caused him to lose 13 kilos.
The doctor immediately requested hospitalization.
#ingests #vitamin #life #turns #nightmare
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.