The inflation allowance will be paid to beneficiaries of a retirement pension (including those who are beneficiaries of the minimum old age or a survivor’s pension) residing in France and receiving a total pension of less than €2,000 net per month .
The assessment of resources will be based on the amount of basic and supplementary pensions (eg AGIRC-ARRCO).
Inflation bonus for retirees, find out if you are one of the lucky ones
According to our information, it’s D-Day for retirees! Indeed, many of them received the payment of the inflation bonus this morning, Friday January 25, 2022. In particular, retirees affiliated with Cars.
Please note that this does not mean that all retirees have received it, or even will receive it before the February 28 deadline. Unfortunately, it is quite possible that some recipients of an Agirc-Arrco survivor’s pension will not receive it before the beginning of March.
Despite a payment on the last day of February, the banking deadlines applied by some banks could delay the receipt of payment by 1 to 5 days.
Note that a new government website will be launched at the beginning of March. His goal ? Allow all people who have not received the inflation bonus, although they meet all the criteria, to make a claim in order to obtain it. Until then, no step in this direction was possible.
If you are retired and meet the two mandatory conditions, the inflation bonus of 100 euros will be paid to you in February 2022. Please note that you will not receive your inflation bonus at the same time as the payment of your pension. To claim it, here are the two essential conditions: to be a French resident and to have a retirement pension of less than 2,000 euros net per month.
Who pays the inflation premium for retirees?
If you receive a pension from the general scheme, the pension insurance will pay you the inflation premium of 100 euros. Remember that the State pension service will only pay this premium if the Retirement Insurance or the MSA does not pay it.
Here is an inventory of the different paying agencies depending on your situation:
- Retirees with combined pension employment: Employer
- Retirees benefiting from a progressive retirement: Employer
- Retirees benefiting from early asbestos retirement (ACAATA): Employer
- Retirees benefiting from early retirement: Employer
- Retired ASPA beneficiary: Employer
- Pensioner not receiving any pension from the general scheme: Cars
- Retired beneficiary of the AAH attached to the general scheme: Caf
- Retired beneficiary of an invalidity pension: Fund paying the invalidity pension
Please note that the inflation bonus will not be paid to you with your pension! Above all, the payment is totally independent and no action is to be taken. Furthermore, the transfer is carried out automatically by the pension fund concerned.
In addition, the amount paid is not taxable and cannot be taken into account in the calculation of your resources for the allocation of social assistance such as ASPA. Finally, the State Pensions Service may be called upon to pay the inflation bonus, only if the Retirement Insurance or the MSA does not pay it.
The inflation allowance will be paid to people whose activity or replacement income is less than €2,000 net per month. It will ultimately be granted to recipients of allowances and social benefits.
The list of the main categories of beneficiaries is as follows:
- Employees of private employers, including apprentices and beneficiaries of a professionalization contract
- Beneficiaries of early retirement
- Author artists
- Job seekers and trainees in vocational training
- Recipients of invalidity pensions
- Pensioners, including beneficiaries of survivor’s pensions
- Scholarship students and recipients of housing assistance
- Young people on a support path to employment or civic service or integration volunteering
- Beneficiaries of social minima
The bonus of 100 euros is granted on an individual basis. In other words, household composition is not taken into account in determining eligibility for inflation compensation. Thus, a couple can receive up to 200 euros, ie 100 euros each or only 100 euros if only one of the spouses meets the income conditions (see below). In total, 38 million French people will benefit from the inflation check of 100 euros.
To determine eligibility for the inflation bonus, the government has set a ceiling: French people who earn less than 2,000 euros net per month – before application of the withholding tax – are therefore concerned, regardless of their status and their profession. To determine the reference salary, the manager chose the month of October 2021. Would you like to know more about the bonus of 100 euros? Linternaute.com answers all your questions. Consult our dedicated file now:
To be eligible, you must earn less than 2,000 euros net per month, i.e. 2,600 euros gross for the month from October 2021, whether you are a civil servant, employee, self-employed or retired. Note: this ceiling of 2,000 euros net corresponds to your remuneration before withholding tax. On the payslip, you will therefore simply have to tick the line “net to pay before income tax”, above “net to pay”.
But who is affected?
Please note: if you are on a short contract (excluding temporary work), the payment of the bonus of 100 euros is not automatic “if the cumulative working time with the same employer is less than 20 hours”, warns the government in its file. haste. “It will assume that the beneficiary expressly reports to one of his employers, preferably the one with whom the employment relationship is still ongoing, or failing that the one for whom he worked the most hours during the month of ‘october. “. What about other situations? Linternaute.com summarizes them for you:
- For retirees: you receive the minimum old age (ASPA) or the total amount of your pensions (general scheme, supplementary, survivor’s pension, etc.) is less than 2,000 euros net in October 2021. basis for the amount of basic and supplementary pensions (formerly AGIRC-ARRCO), including survivors’ pensions [du mois d’octobre 2021]“, we specify.
- For independents: you must have been active in October 2021 and have declared to Urssaf or the MSA an activity income of less than 2,000 euros net per month “for the year 2020”, it is indicated. “The net income retained is that calculated during the annual declaration of income”, it is recalled. “If the activity is created over the period January-October 2021, this condition will ultimately be considered fulfilled”.
- For the self-employed: your turnover must be at least equal to 900 euros between January 1, 2021 and September 30, 2021. “This amount must also correspond to an average income of 2,000 euros net per month over the period, which corresponds, taking into account given the application of tax deductions depending on the nature of their activity, to an average monthly turnover of: €4,000 for artisans; €6,897 for merchants; €3,030 for the liberal professions”, we complete in the press kit.
For job seekers: you must not work and your allowance must be less than 2,000 euros net.
The inflation bonus is paid between December 2021 and February 2022. The payment must be made through several channels, depending on the situation of the beneficiary. Here is the payment schedule envisaged by the government:
- End of December 2021: this is the date on which employees received their inflation compensation, directly on their payslip. The employer is responsible for the payment, before being compensated by the State in a second step. The self-employed are also affected by this delay (the Urssaf then take care of the payment), as are scholarship students (compensated by the Crous).
- End of January 2022: the State pays the inflation allowance for civil servants, job seekers (via Pôle emploi), invalids, students receiving APL and recipients of social minima (via the Family Allowance Fund ).
- February 2022: it is at this deadline that retirees must receive inflation compensation, via their pension fund.
You have the possibility of carrying out a simulation on the government site in addition to all the information present on the platform. Let yourself be guided by answering the questions asked.
#Retirees #lucky #inflation #bonus #Leenkus